I’ve been wanting to do a cobalt eye, and I finally got a chance to give it a try. I’m pretty pleased with the results – I’m not sure about the highlighting color, but the cobalt/smoke was super dramatic.
Products used: NYX Eyeshadow Base in White, NYX Cream Eyeshadow in Deep Blue, NYX Eyeshadow Single in Black, NYX Eyeshadow Single in White, L’Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner in black, and Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara.
- I began by filling in the entire lid with eyeshadow base, and blending well.
- Next, I applied the Deep Blue cream eyeshadow all over the lid.
- Using a fluffy blending brush, I buffed in the black eyeshadow into the crease, blending really well.
- I probably blended some more.
- Along the brow bone I worked in white shadow with a clean brush – this is the color that I think I’m not loving. White is just too harsh with my skin tone.
- Blended more and then went back and blended again with a clean blending brush.
- I lined lower inner rim, along my lower lash line, and my upper lash line, trying to tightline along the way.
- Last, but not least comes three coats of my Smoky Lash Extravagant.
[inlinkz_linkup id=371770 mode=1]
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."