The coolest thing about attending The Makeup Show Dallas is definitely getting to experience new brands, as well as the people behind them. It’s not unusual to see founders, directors of product, and directors of marketing from the companies and chat with them about their vision, their products, and their future.
One of the brands I was fortunate enough to get some background on was Michael Marcus Cosmetics, a local brand to Dallas that creates their own makeup, fragrance, tools, and skin care. The most coveted product at the moment is their Prime Kit, consisting of their primer and powdered foundation, and I am in love.
The Michael Marcus Cosmetics Prime is tinted. I know, can you believe it? I’m not aware of any skin-toned tinted foundation, are you? It applies smoothly with a foundation brush and lasts all day. Plus it gives you a bit of coverage, if you’re interested in that. And I am. Very interested. This tinted primer helps me wear powder foundation, and I’ve never been able to wear powder foundation, because the oil on my skin eats it up and gets all cakey, as well as the lack of coverage.
Which brings me to the next product, the Michael Marcus Cosmetics HD Prime Powder. I apply this with a handled kabuki brush, working it well into the primer and letting it “sit” for a few minutes, before I do anything else. Gives wonderful coverage when used with the primer, not so much on it’s own.
I’m not currently wearing much makeup because of the traveling and move, so here is my daily routine at the moment, basic as it may be:
- Apply Michael Marcus Cosmetics Prime with foundation brush
- Apply concealers – I use green on the red parts, yellow on my eyelids, purple on any age spots, and apricot under my eyes
- Work in Michael Marcus Cosmetics HD Prime Powder with my handled kabuki brush, buffing in circles and letting it sit
- Fill in my brows
- Apply one coat of mascara
- Lip gloss (or nude lipstick if I’m feeling fancy while opening boxes)
Because I’ve been in a temporary apartment, I needed something to make it “mine,” so to speak. So while I was at the counter, I picked up a Michael Marcus Cosmetics candle in his signature fragrance. It is magical. Here are the top notes:
- Top notes: jasmine, amber
- Middle notes: muguet, orange flower, tea
- Base notes: cedarwood, sandalwood, patchouli
Find out more:
- Michael Marcus Cosmetics Prime: $38
- Michael Marcus Cosmetics HD Prime Powder: $38
- Michael Marcus Prime Kit (the two products together): $85
- Michael Marcus Cosmetics Signature Candle: $50
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."