I might be cheating a little on this one, because all of my absolute favorites come from the same line. Each product on it’s own is fantastic, and all together, you won’t even realize you had frizz-prone hair to begin with. And I have frizz-prone hair to begin with. Actually, I think my hair was born to frizz, and probably came out that way. Nothing specifically causes it – I’m frizzy whether it’s humid or dry. Most products don’t do much, and it’s easy to over-condition because you think that the texture means it’s dry.
So my 6 frizz busters all come from the same line: no frizz by Living Proof. I’d do a strikethrough on the “no frizz” part like the logo, but I’m not technologically advanced to try that sort of thing.
To understand the line, you have to understand the star ingredient: a Healthy Hair Molecule (OFPMA) which weightlessly blocks humidity 70% better than silicones and oils and keeps your hair cleaner longer – allowing you to wash your hair less often. Major key point for me – I dislike washing my hair more than two or three times a week. It’s just not good for it.
So here’s the deal:
- Shampoo one time with No Frizz Shampoo. It’s for all hair types. Sulfate-free, silicone-free and oil-free. Safe and formulated for color and chemically treated hair, so you don’t need to fret about your smoothing treatment or expensive color. Focus specifically on your roots, and don’t worry so much about the mid-line to the ends.
- Squeeze out the excess water (gently) and apply No Frizz Conditioner around your midline and pull it through (gently) to the ends of your hair. Once the ends are good and coated, distribute it to all the rest of your hair. Rinse.
- Wrap your hair up in your microfiber or your special “eliminate frizz turban.” (don’t you dare laugh – they make a difference!). After letting the towel soak up most of the water, take it off and apply No Frizz Leave In Conditioner to damp hair, focusing on ends or dry areas. If desired, apply to dry hair in moderation to tame ends and fly aways., from roots to tips. This is your leave-in conditioner, and it is amazing.
- At this point, if you decide to go curly, apply the No Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream from roots to tips. Don’t be stingy with this, either. Dry with a diffuser for the smoothest curls you’ve ever seen (on me, at least).
- If you decide to go straight, apply On clean, damp hair, apply No Frizz Weightless Styling Spray generously from roots to ends. Comb through. Blow dry quickly with a flat brush for smooth, flat hair. For a few bouncy curls, try a big round brush (pro tip: the biggest round brushes belong to the people with super long hair, and the super small round brushes are for those with very short hair – make sure you have the right size relative to your length). To use as a finisher, lightly mist onto your finished style, and this will keep things in check for the rest of the day.
- Before you head out the door, especiallly if it’s humid and/or raining, use No Frizz Humidity Shield. Hold the can away from your head about six inches (you know what I’m talking about – we all used aerosol hairsprays back then), and spray well and smooth with a brush.
So I guess you don’t have to use ALL of them – at one time. But if you’re like me, you like to switch it up a little and switching between curly hair and straight hair is as easy as switching from the Nourishing Styling Cream to the Weightless Styling Spray. I’m totally dependent on my Living Proof No Frizz frizz busters.
All of the No Frizz by Living Proof products are available at Nordstrom.
[inlinkz_linkup id=515906 mode=1]
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."