I LOVE this feature here on Retrodiva’s Beauty – it’s really one of my favorites. Peeking inside someone else’s makeup bag is so much fun.
This week, Teresa from The Girls’ Own Paper shares her bag with us. Here is what she carries:
- Lancome #3 Illuminating Dual-fiber brush – I use it for foundation and powder because it works miracles!!
- ELF Shine Eraser blotting paper
- Chanel Lèvres Scintillantes Glossimer in 176 Crushed Cherry
- Lancome Lip Lover in 321 Rose Contre-Temps
MAC lipstick shade 1: Desire
- MAC lipstick shade 2: Hipster (a limited special edition, I hate when MAC does that, but I bought extra to keep in supply)
- Revlon PhotoReady Foundation in Cocoa (I have tried them all, but nothing beats this in color and type of coverage)
- MAC Pro Concealer in NW50 (love MAC concealer, HATE their foundation)
- MAC Brow pencil in Spiked
- MAC StudioFix in NW50
- Lancome JuicyTube lip gloss in Moulin Rose
- MAC double-sided brow brush/comb
She tells us: “I rarely wear eye makeup due to eye sensitivity, and personally, I think I look better without it, but I make up for that by being a lipstick person. I know the majority of this makeup leans to the expensive side, but after a lot of experimentation, this is the perfect combination me. I do look for ways to get discounts. For example, that Chanel lip gloss is $30 (I know, right; I would NEVER pay $30 for one item of makeup) but I got it for $8 because Chanel was having a sale at Nordstrom and I also happened to have a $20 coupon. MAC never goes on sale and they never do beauty purchases with a purchase, but what they will do is give out free lipstick when you return empty MAC containers (brush cleaner… I use so much brush cleaner), so that is how I get my lipstick thing on. I’ll never run out of MAC lipstick; I have a ton of it.”
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."