Before we get into all the Oscars red carpet stuff, I wanted to catch up with some of my look tutorials. I love Cover Girl spokesmodel Katy Perry – she is so over the top, and you’re clearly not supposed to take her seriously, which is such a rare thing these days. Plus, her makeup is always on point, and it’s fun to recreate some of the more “normal” looks. One of the things that she has always been able to carry off is a cat eyes look. And of course she has her own line of eyelashes.
Jake Bailey was the makeup artist, and he used Cover Girl products exclusively, obviously. In his words, here is how he
- To create a sheer and flawless canvas I began by buffing a dime size amount of COVERGIRL Outlast 3-in-1 Foundation in Natural Beige all over her face and neck.
- For an elongated cat eye I used COVERGIRL Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in Black Onyx and painted a glitter adhesive just above the black liner and carefully placed a mix of gold and silver glitter on the adhesive with a tiny eyeliner brush for precision.
- Then I applied COVERGIRL Eye Shadow Quads in Blooming Blushes to add warmth and dimension. I love this palette because it takes the guesswork out of getting gorgeous eyes, it has number for the shades – 1,2,3,4 – so I know just how to apply! I used the fourth shade to define the crease and the first shade to highlight the lids.
- I finished the eye look with an aggressive lash curling and two coats of new COVERGIRL Full Lash Bloom by LashBlast Mascara in Very Black that left her lashes voluminous and touchably soft throughout her performance! No time for flakes during this performance.
- To give her brows shape and structure, I added COVERGIRL Pow-der Brow + Liner in Dark Brown.
- For extra dimension, I warmed her cheeks using COVERGIRL Clean Glow Blush in Roses using the lighter shades on the apples of her cheeks and the darker shade in the hollows of her cheeks
- Then I added COVERGIRL truMAGIC Luminizer to her cheekbones and brow bones for a shimmery glow.
- Moving on to the lips, I lined and shaped her lips using COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lip Liner in Hot. I then applied a coat of new COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick in Seduce Scarlet – truly a classic red, for a classic Katy look.
- I topped it off with a tiny dollop of COVERGIRL Lip Lava in Mauva Lava for a fun and bold lip look!
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."