When it comes to personal style, I really wouldn’t consider myself too feminine. I tend to favor stylish basics – a cashmere sweater, a pair of Chucks, Frye boots, tan trench coat. But inexplicably I’ve been finding myself more and more drawn to preppy brands like Kate Spade, Lilly Pulitzer, and most of all, Henri Bendel. I’m proceeding with this new style aesthetic with caution, because I know how easy it is to overdose on pink and ruffles.
I discovered Henri Bendel years ago when I first starting visiting NYC. The flagship store on Fifth Avenue reminds me of old New York, kind of art deco, carved wood, dripping chandeliers, and old mirrors, but the merchandise inside is bright, fun, feminine, and kind of irreverent. And if you’re an accessories addict like I am, you will love the bags, wallets, scarves, sunglasses, jewelry, and so many trinkets. SO MANY trinkets. And lots of fun souvenir-type gifts with the Henri Bendel logo.
Henri Bendel used to carry outside brands, and was known for helping to bring up and coming designers into the fashion world in New York. But in 2009, they cut ties with all vendors, discontinued their clothing line, and focused exclusively on accessories and gift items.
That doesn’t stop them from having seasonal collections – their own line features seasonal interpretation of the classics. And we all know about seasonal collections – they are full of limited edition items that we can’t stop buying. The Henri Bendel spring 2015 collection has just been released, and it’s full of things that I would like to have. Even if they are pink.
- Top to bottom: Bowery Hinged Coff, $168; Harry Bangle, $148; Princess Bangle, $118; Skinny Turnlock Bracelet, $138
- West 57th Smartphone Case, $58
- West 57th Street Small Crossbody Tote, $250
- Socialite Plus Pearl Necklaces, $198
- West 57th Travel Jewelry Box, $78
- West 57th Street XL Travis Tote, $350
- Centennal Stripe Pill Box, $48
- Lipstick Crystal iPhone 6 Case, $58
- Debutante Clutches, $150 – $398
- Bendel Rocks Skinny Bangles, $128
- Centennal Stripe Sunglass Case, $48
- Mini Ring Box, $48
- West 57th Bag Tag, $28
- Mind Your Business Card Case, $38
- Top to bottom: On Point Collar, $228; On Point Flex Bracelet, $128
- Top to bottom: Shopping Bag Key Fob, $38; Pave Pig Key Fob, $58Top to bottom: Bowery Hinged Coff, $168; Harry Bangle, $148; Princess Bangle, $118; Skinny Turnlock Bracelet, $138
- West 57th Street Turnlock Satchel, $298
- West 57th Cosmetic Bag Trio, $78
- Top to bottom: West 57th Zip Around Centennial Wallet, $198; West 57th Zip Around Continental Wallet, $168
- Henri Bendel 9.4 Oz. Signature Candles, $30
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."