Even though I have a room full of makeup, my daughter wants her own. Oh, she has no problem coming in and taking whatever suits her that morning (I spent 15 minutes trying to find my Too Faced Size Queen yesterday), but you know. My makeup is for old people. Or something.
I’m trying to build her kit, and put together some excellent basics, but want to throw in some cool holiday presents while I’m at it. Not too expensive – tweens don’t really need anything from Sephora (at least my tween doesn’t – she can use whatever I have), but some fun makeup gift sets that she will enjoy opening. Here is pretty much her makeup gift list for this year.
Makeup Gift Sets for Tweens
- Modella Weekender Gift Set ($9.88 at Walmart): we do a fair amount of traveling, so a nice travel bag was definitely on the list. This also has a purse kit and mirror for her everyday bag.
- Victoria’s Secret Give Me Sugar Flavored Shine ($10, Victoria’s Secret): three festive and limited edition holiday glosses in Berry and Bright, Ginger Glow, and Dazzlemint.
- Hard Candy Ultimate Nail Art Set (Walmart, $9.88): my daughter did a class project on manicures and nail art, so she’s into it. This kit includes six nail colors, four types of nail jewels, nail glue, and an applicator stick.
- Burt’s Bees Kissable Color Warm Collection (Target, $9.99): three cute shimmery balms in Peony, Rhubarb, and Fig. Peppermint flavored and moisturizing.
- e.l.f. Essential 12 Piece Lip Palette (e.l.f., $10): this limited edition set is just pretty. It includes an applicator and 12 quality lip colors.
- Ulta Eyes & Cheeks Collection (Ulta, $8): 36 eye shadows, three brow powders, two gel eye liners, one liner pencil, blush, bronzer, highlighter, and applicators. Pretty much everything.
But the big hit this year she’s already opened, because she has a habit of opening my packages. The new Make Up by One Direction Limited Edition Tour Case. It’s quite a deal.
She’s not a fan of One Direction, but she’s a big fan of this train case. Over 60 pieces inside including:
- Limited Edition Vibrant Shadow Collection
- exclusive Electroglam mascara (which I’ve reviewed before) in Powerhouse Purple
- one special edition UV Reactive Liquilights Glow Gloss (also reviewed before)
- small UV light
- Two Rock Star Jumbo Lip Crayons
- Complete Concert Collection Nail Art set with UV reactive toppings
- Two sheets of Tour City Stickers to decorate the case
It’s a really cute set. Made by Markwins, available at CVS.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."