When you have dry, coarse, kind of curly, but mostly frizzy hair like me, you have spent a crazy amount of time and money trying to find that one deep conditioning hair mask that is going to make your hair soft, silky, and straight. But no matter how I try, I never find that magic potion. I have, however, found a number of hair masks that I really do love. These 10 rotate through my roster of hair masks, but it is the top three that I especially love.
- Honor Haircare Dry Solution Moisturizing Mask: regardless of the performance of this mask, the smell alone makes it worth it. Luckily, it works as well as it smells, due to it’s main ingredients of shea butter and safflower oil. DIVINE.
- Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask: a super effective hair mask on the cheap. For about $7, olive, meadow foam seed, and almond oils nurture hair and make it feel soft and healthy.
- damage reverse Restorative Hair Treatment Plus: I’ve been a huge fan of Ojon since 2007, when I discovered the line at Sephora. This heavy-duty mask definitely beats down my frizz and smells heavenly (have you figured out I’m really big on smells? It’s true.).
- Moroccanoil Hair Smoothing Mask: this is another one of those cult products that really works. Moroccanoil is one of my favorite lines, and their Smoothing products are perfect for my hair. Reduces frizz, makes hair softer.
- Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment: Jennifer Aniston’s company makes my hair happy. This mask seems to really help with breakage more than anything, or perhaps that’s just the one thing that really stands out. Either way, it’s awesome.
- Roux Color Refresh Mask: so important for those of us who color our hair. Not only does it make hair soft, it deposits just enough color to make previously colored hair vibrant again.
- Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing Hair Mask: this decadent mask has precious monoi oil to seriously soften super curly hair. Adds excellent hydration to seriously chemically damaged hair.
- Aussie Three Minute Miracle Moist: nostalgia time! One of my mother’s flight attendant friends introduced me to this in 1986. She had me apply this to my Sun-In ruined hair, cover it with a plastic shower cap (my mom always brought these home from the hotels she was at, but you can get them in bulk at Sallys), then a hand towel dipped in hot water. After I wrapped that turban style around my head, she put another shower cap on, then a regular towel. Obviously this was taking the place of the hard hat driers, and it worked. It still works.
- Redkin Real Control Intense Renewal Super Moisturizing Mask: I was talked into this one at my salon, and I’m glad I was. This mask will detangle and coat my hair enough to make the coarseness and the frizziness disappear.
- Amika Nourishing Hair Mask: this is a new-to-me brand, and I’m really glad I discovered it. I have no real proof, but I swear this helps control split ends when I use it twice a week. It definitely makes my hair softer and easier to deal with too.
Check out what other bloggers listed in their Top 10:
[inlinkz_linkup id=443233 mode=1]
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."