I’m on an almond kick lately. From Italian sodas and tea to hand cream and shampoo, I’m on an almond bandwagon. But there isn’t much out there these days (I remember when Vidal Sassoon products smelled like almonds – that was the only shampoo I would use), so these are my current faves.
- Simpatico Home Hobnail Glass Candle in Sweet Almond: this is a sweet almond scent in the coolest hobnail glass. It’s rather dark-peachy and rather retro.
- Philosophy Shower Gel in Almond Glaze: I haven’t come across a philosophy product that doesn’t smell pretty good, so I wasn’t surprised to find this in their lineup. Sweet almond scented, rather than bitter almond.
- L’Occitane Almond: soap, shower gel, hand cream, this line smells wonderful, and it’s amande in French. Just so you know. I’ve been walking around with this on my hands today, and it’s been heavenly.
- Laura Mercier Eau de Toilette in Almond Coconut: Laura Mercier takes milk, coconut, almond, heliotrope, and vanilla and mixes it with musk. It’s a complicated almond, but perfect for summer. Creamy and rich.
- Carol’s Daughter Dry Oil Mist in Almond Cookie: I’m obsessed with dry oils – they make my legs feel wonderful, especially after shaving – and Carol’s Daughter. Bring them together in one product, and I love it. Sweet almond, very powdery. Probably more than a little touch of vanilla – that creates the “cookie” smell, I think.
- Heritage Store Aura Glow Massage Oil in Almond: the Heritage Store is based right here in Virginia Beach, and it’s part of the A.R.E, Edgar Cayce’s Association for Research and Enlightenment. Never been myself, but Edgar Cayce lived right on the oceanfront, and they have preserved his house. People are really into it. Regardless of all that, this oil (divined by Edgar himself) is made of peanut oil, olive oil, lanolin, and vitamin E as a preservative. Weird combination, but it’s pretty amazing. You can use it on your hair, too, with excellent results. Also, there is an almond inside the bottle.
- Perlier White Almond Absolute Comfort Shower Oil: as I mentioned, I’m super into skin oils. Not only does this smell of almonds, it’s made of almond oil. More of a subtle scent, this is one of my little luxuries.
- Boots Almond Body Butter: an everyday go-to for me. As you probably know, Boots is a English mass-market line that has made it’s way to our shores. I’ve always had excellent luck with anything from the brand, all of it has been excellent quality. This is mostly a combination of shea butter and almond oil. Feels amazing on the skin.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."