I don’t remember buying these. I mean, I do, vaguely, but not really. A couple of years ago, maybe two. It’s been awhile. Don’t you hate that? Buying something, putting it aside, and finding it a million years later? Story of my life.
Anyhoo, these are Fusion Decals. Not polish, not a Sally Hansen-esque polish strip. These take a smidgen – okay, maybe more than that – of practice. And patience. Lots and lots of patience. The process involved:
- applying white nail polish
- trimming the decals to fit your nails/cutting them out
- Wipe each nail with alcohol
- Soak each one in water for 15-30 seconds
- Take out and remove backing. Very carefully!
- Also very carefully place decal on your finger
- Then press on the finger, making sure to secure the sides
- file off any leftover decal on your tip ( I found that this worked best with an up and down motion of the nail file, rather than trying to attack it from the side)
- Apply two very heavy coats of top coat.
I had purchased candy corn decals, so clearly I ordered these with the holiday in mind, and they were really cute. But by the time I had the decals on my moderately-short nails, I really couldn’t even tell you what it is. But it’s orange and yellow, so you’re still festive.
Obviously, these are a huge time commitment. I got about two and a half days out of it before my tips began to chip, so the wear is exactly the same as polish, for a bigger time commitment. Your choice.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."