Do you have your Halloween costume yet? I still haven’t decided what I’m going to be, but my daughter just ordered a pirate costume. She’s 12, and wearing an adult medium and wow. Women’s costumes are definitely something. Short skirts and boobs. Boobs everywhere.
If you haven’t decided what you’re going to be yet, Herbal Essences has a few ideas to share. And they were nice enough to send along some how-to’s or tutorials for you to have. You can create these looks super easy.
Soulful Songstress Curls (you know we’re talking about getting Lorde’s beautiful hair)
- Create a frizz-free base with Totally Twisted shampoo and conditioner.
- If you’re working with naturally curly or wavy hair, mist Tousle Me Softly Hair Gel (one of my absolute favorites – I use mine all the time) on wet hair to give curls lightweight, flexible hold.
- If your natural texture is straight, apply a lightweight mousse like Naked Volumizing Soufflé to very wet hair. Wring out the excess water with your hands, allowing the water to carry the product evenly through the ends of the hair.
- Flip head upside down and blow-dry hair with a basket diffuser on high heat and low wind speed for body and volume. Avoid using a brush to maintain body and volume.
- Once hair is dry, curl small sections around a small-medium barrel curling iron, starting approximately one inch from the scalp and curling down to the end.
- For extra definition, wrap each curl around itself after curling with the iron and secure in place with a bobby pin until it cools.
- Once the hair is cool, drop the hair from the pins, shake out, and spray Naked Dry Shampoo throughout the hair to create extra volume and texture.
- Finger comb to separate the the curls and create lush volume, finishing with a mist of Body Envy Volumizing Hair Spray.
Ice Queen Braid (or, how to get Frozen’s Elza hair)
- Create lightweight volume in the shower with Naked Volume Shampoo and Conditioner to leave hair soft and bouncy.
- Work a golf ball sized amount of Body Envy Volumizing Mousse through the roots of wet hair, wringing out excess moisture to evenly distribute mousse.
- Part your hair to the side and use a diffuser to blow dry, focusing on the roots on both sides while smoothing down the part with your hand.
- Once hair is dry, lean your head to the side and use the basket diffuser to create volume.
- Work 1-2 pumps of The Sleeker the Butter Smooth & Creamy Hair Milk to smooth frizz and flyaways.
- Brush all the hair to the opposite side of the part and divide into three sections. To add body before braiding, lift up each of the three sections and backcomb underneath from the mid-shaft towards the base of the ponytail.
- Braid and secure with a clear elastic.
- For a softer, more romantic look, pull out a few face-framing pieces and wrap them around a medium sized curling iron giving the wave a slight tug after releasing.
- Finish it off with Tousle Me Softly Hair Spray.
Warrior Queen Waves (or, how to look like Khaleesi from Game of Thrones, who has beautiful hair!)
- Start with hair that is hydrated and protected against damage by washing with Hello Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Mist Tousle Me Softly Spray Gel throughout wet hair.
- Begin to blow dry with a basket diffuser. If your hair is naturally wavy or curly, make sure it’s completely dry. If your hair is straight, flip hair upside down when drying to create more body.
- After hair is fully dried, put half of your hair up, clipping the top section of your head.
- Start with the lower half, and wrapping 1-2 inch sections around the barrel of a medium sized curling iron, curling away from your face. If you have naturally curly or wavy hair, wrap the midsection of the hair around the curling iron and tug slightly at the wave to soften it. If your hair is naturally straight, wrap the hair starting approximately one inch away from the scalp and don’t tug on it afterward.
- Once all of your hair is curled, flip your hair upside down and spray Body Envy Dry Shampoo, rubbing it into your hair to create more volume and a textured finish.
- Flip your head back over and and emulsify 1-2 pumps of Moroccan Me a Miracle 7-in-1 Serum into the palms of your hands, softly smoothing over the hair to add a boost of of lightweight shine.
- Part hair in the middle and take a small section from each side of your head and loosely braid each, tying them together at the back of your head with a clear elastic.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."