I always enjoy digging through my stash to rediscover lipsticks that I had totally forgotten I had. When I do wear lipstick, I tend to always wear the same one for a few months, then change to another and wear that one for a few months. I forget that I have an extremely large lipstick collection and I should be wearing a new one every day.
After going through all the photos from Fashion Week last season I noticed that the majority were using either reds, berries, or browns on the lips. Red really never goes out of style, and berry colors are always flattering, but the browns are fairly new. I have to say, all the brown reminds me of the popular makeup in the 90s, when we all wore brown everything. It’s fun when a trend comes back around again.
I’ve broken my favorite lipsticks into those three categories, and labeled each. I hope you can find some inspiration for the darker lips we are going to see this season.
- Chanel Rouge Coco in Paris
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Lipstick in 10 Stay
- NYX Lipsmacking Fun Colorsq in Chaos
- CoverGirl Lip Perfection in Hot Passion
- Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense in 45
- Avon Color RichHigh Impact Lipstick in Charged Cherry
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in Annabella
- Armour Lip Gloss in Barracuda
- Lancôme Color Fever Gloss in Mercury Rising
- MAC The Stylistics Lipstick in The Scene (limited edition)
- Urban Decay in Gash (old packaging)
- Estée Lauder in Extravagant Berry
- Urban Decay Lipstick in Manic (new packaging)
- Real Colors Gloss Stick in N.Y.C.
- Neutrogena Moisture Smooth Color Stick in Rich Raisin
- Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar in Black Metal Dahila
- Beauty Addicts gloss in Black Cherry
- NYC Extended Wear Lipgloss in Femme Fatale
- Monster SuperShine Lipgloss in Vixen (no longer available)
- MAC Amplified Creme in Tribalist
- Votre Vu French Kiss in Claire
- Urban Decay in Apocalypse (old packaging)
- MAC Mattene Lipstick in Bing (no longer available)
- MAC Amplified Lipstick in Dark Side
- Smashbox gloss in Sultry
Check out my fellow bloggers and see what they are excited about this fall:
[inlinkz_linkup id=438613 mode=1]
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."