butter LONDON’s Global Colour Ambassador Katie Jane Hughes created both the makeup look and the nail look for Rachel Zoe’s Spring/Summer 2015 runway show at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week.
The collection was inspired by the jet-set glamour of the 1960s, a decade when most women used travel as a reason to dress up. Textured silks, striped linens and scalloped lace in iconic black and white segue to delicate metallic embroidery and turquoise embellished crepes, all creating a collection that is as contemporary as it is classic.
The Makeup Look
- skin was prepped with a moisturizer followed by foundation on the T-zone.
- Dust a small amount of pressed powder onto the T-zone. Apply butter LONDON WINK Cream Shadow in Treacle down the bridge of the nose, tops of the Cupid’s bow and top of the forehead for a healthy glow.
- Mix a small amount of oil with a little bit of butter LONDON CHEEKY Cream Blush in Honey Pie and gently apply using the heels of the palm on cheekbones.
- mix butter LONDON WINK Cream Shadow in Treacle with concealer and apply to the inner corners of the eyes for a glow.
- Use butter LONDON WINK Eye Pencil in Union Jack Black to create a wing on the outer edge of the eye for an elongated feline shape.
- Smudge the liner to create a softer flick, then build color back onto the outer edge of the wing only. Use butter LONDON WINK Matte Liquid Eye Liner in Union Jack Black to define the entire flick.
- Curl lashes one at the root and again at the middle. Apply butter LONDON WINK Mascara in Union Jack Black to the outer edge of the top lashes. Tightline the outer edge of the top lashline with butter LONDON WINK Eye Pencil in Union Jack Black.
- wipe clean the mascara wand of butter LONDON Mascara in Brown Sugar and apply through the brows without touching the skin to give the brows natural color and definition.
- press butter LONDON LIPPY Tinted Balm in Apricot Sunray to lips. Apply butter LONDON CHEEKY Cream Blush in Honey Pie over to create a more natural color.
- apply butter LONDON CHEEKY Cream Blush in Honey Pie to the apples of the cheeks.
- Apply two coats of butter LONDON Nail Lacquer in Tea With The Queen.
- Next, apply a coat of butter LONDON Nail Foundation Flawless Basecoat to soften and even out the color.
- Lastly, top the nail off with butter LONDON Nail 999 Basecoat to give a creamier, shiny final effect.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."