butter LONDON’s Global Colour Ambassador Katie Jane Hughes created the bold makeup look that was showcased at Yoana Baraschi’s Spring/Summer 2015 collection at Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week. Yoana Baraschi’s Spring 2015 collection is inspired by bold African sunsets. Sunset colors such as yellow, gold and saffron tones are combined with purples and accented with sangria and nectarine. Coral rose adds spice and warmth to the collection and mixed media prints add a daring African aesthetic.
“Yoana and I wanted to create a modern take on African warrior beauty. I chose white liner to resemble war paint but still look pretty and feminine. The red lip adds power for a bold, unique look,” said Hughes.
Here is how she created the look:
- Skin was prepped with butter LONDON Hydrating Balm. Hughes then mixed butter LONDON Tinted Highlighter in Twit with moisturizer and applied to the high points of the face followed by a touch of concealer to even out skin.
- Cheeks were contoured using butter LONDON Cream Bronzer in Bit Faker on hollows of the cheeks and temples.
- Lips were lined with red lip liner and apply butter LONDON Moisture Matte Lipstick in Ladybird on bottom lip. Pop butter LONDON Moisture Matte Lipstick in Come To Bed Red, concentrating in the center and working towards the sides.
- On the eyes, she applied butter LONDON Hydrating Balm on lids. Draw a graphic line with butter LONDON Eye Pencil in Alabaster Gaze following the contour of the eye. Apply butter LONDON Eye Pencil in All Hail The Queen (out Spring ’15) under the lower lash line for a natural darkness. Lastly, apply butter LONDON Mascara in Union Jack Black to lashes concentrating on the roots.
- Lighten brows with concealer, then apply butter LONDON Tinted Highlighter in Pence to the inner brows.
Grab all the butterLONDON you need to create the look here:
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."