You know the kiosk I’m talking about, right? It’s the one in the middle of your shopping mall, probably fairly close to the center. In my shopping mall it’s right near Sephora, which is amusing to me for some reason. It’s the kiosk where someone is always interrupting your conversation with “can I ask you a question?” We all have those kiosks, right? This is the story of that one time when I let Bella Terra ask me a question.
Normally I avoid these kiosks like the plague. Whatever they are selling isn’t worth the astronomical price (seriously, those flat irons are not worth $200), and I don’t like their hard sell techniques. But it’s makeup, and I really just can’t avoid anything that is makeup. It’s just not in my genes.
So I stop by, thinking that the brand, Bella Terra, is just another overpriced product that needs a hard sell to move. And then I started testing the colors on my hands. They are actually kind of amazing – so pigmented, and easy to work with. Best of all, you can use them to make other products. Hence the 8-in-1 name, obviously.
I bought three jars that I really liked. The two browns I use as straight pigment and liner. Super easy to work with, pigmented as all get out, and the fallout isn’t as bad as some pigments I’ve worked with. The fuchsia color I mix with a base like a clear lip gloss or even a petroleum jelly to get a nice colorful balm. The more the pigment that you add, the brighter and more colorful it will be.
Here are the eight products the company says you can make:
- Creamy Shadow – moisten the brush to create richer, more intense eye color that doesn’t crease.
- Matte Shadow – mix the Shimmer with Bella Terra’s Eye Primer for a matte shadow look.
- Eyeliner – wet the tip of an eye liner brush and apply around the lash line for high-intensity eye definition.
- Lip Color – mix any of our Shimmers with lip balm or lip gloss to create intense lip color.
- Nail Polish – add to clear nail polish for a unique nail color that matches your eye shadow.
- Body Glitter – mix with body lotion to create an all-over body shimmer.
- Mascara – dip clear-color mascara or Bella Terra’s Mascara Primer brush into the Shimmer for amazing lash colors.
- Hair Streaks – mix a small amount of Shimmer with hair gel and apply to a strand of hair for a funky, streaked look that easily washes off later.
I’ve swatched them here, and have to say that I would purchase more. I’ve really enjoyed the looks I’ve made with the two browns, and I could see myself getting into some fun color. They retail for $14.99 and last forever.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."