Michael Dueñas, celeb stylist and founder of Hair Room Service styled Taryn Manning of Orange is the New Black fame for the 2014 Emmys. We got the down low on her gorgeous look.
- Starting on damp hair add 2 golf ball sizes of OSiS+ Grip and a few spritz of OSiS+ Session Label Flexible Hold Hairspray to the roots.
- Blow dry with a Denman brush or vent brush, focusing on adding volume at the scalp.
- Take a deep side parting, just past the mid of the eyebrow.
- On the heavy side of the head, start at the top, take an inch thick section from the crown to the hairline, split that section in to 1-inch sections.
- Using a 1/2 inch curling iron , curl the 1-inch sections towards the face and pin till they are cool.
- Work in this same way, from behind the ear forward, curling all the hair and pinning.
- On the lighter side of the head, take 1-inch thick sections from just behind the ear, holding your iron horizontal curl the entire section at once away from the face, work from the parting down till you have curled all the hair.
- Working on the back of the head, take 2-inch sections in a brick-lay pattern and curl each section, vertically in different directions.
- Using a wide toothcomb, comb out the curls in the front, forming them into a wave.
- Brush out the rest of the head with your fingers and touch up with a Mason Pearson brush.
- Finish the look with OSiS+ Session Label Strong Hold Hairspray.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."