MIZANI Celebrity Artist Cesar Ramirez styled Reid’s hair for this year’s Emmy awards using Mizani products. Says Ramirez,
“Since Jacque’s dress was so beautifully tailored and elegant, I wanted to keep her hair just as elegant for the occasion with a little edge,”
Reid hosted NBC’s 1st Look Red Carpet.
Ramirez shared with us how he got her amazing style.
- While hair is dry, blow-dry using MIZANI ThermaStrength Heat Protecting Serum to add volume and protect hair from heat styling.
- Next, shape the haircut to sit tighter on the sides and longer on the crown area.
- Once the cut is perfected, apply a few drops of MIZANI ThermaSmooth Smooth Guard to smooth the hair.
- Using two different sized flat irons, a 1/2 and a 1 1/2 inch, flat iron the hair to create the shape.
- Combining MIZANI Defyne Wax High Definition & Hold and MIZANI Velvet Gloss Shine Finishing Pomade, use fingers to mold and define the texture into a perfectly polished style with a nice shiny finish.
- Lastly, since she was going to be outside and exposed to the elements for a few hours, we set the finished look with MIZANI HRM Humidity Resistant Mist for a weightless hold and UV protective filter for the hair.
Shop the post here:
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."