In this day and age, the drugstore is a great place to find excellent products for a reasonable price. Back in my day, drugstore cosmetics were considered cheap and not as high of a quality, but things have drastically changed – for the better! Now I find myself perusing the makeup aisles every chance I get and loving most of the products I find. Who would have thought?
So here are my Top 10 Drugstore Favorites:
- Revlon CustomEyes: this palette could easily be passed up with all the new formulas out there. But Revlon is consistent – they bring the good stuff, and these shadows are nicely pigmented and grouped together in helpful color families. $8.99
- Maybelline Master Glaze: the beauty of this one is that you need very, very little product, and it blends so well, you’ll forget that you only paid $7.49.
- L’Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder: quite possibly the most interesting foundation I have ever come across. Comes out as a liquid, dries down to a powder. Great for those days that you just don’t need a full face of foundation going on, plus you can skip your powder step. Multi-tasking for the win!
- L’Oreal Voluminous Smoldering Eyeliner: I’ve talked about this precious resource before. If you are a smoky eye person, you NEED this liner. No excuses. The thick pencil is easy to apply with no pulling, and it smudges up to perfection.
- Cover Girl Bombshell Volume Mascara: Cover Girl took my secret mainstream. I’ve long been combining a lengthening formula with a thickening formula. I learned that from my glambomb flight attendant mother. Now they make it easy by putting both formulas in one tube. Thank you! $11.99.
- Wet ‘n Wild Mega Rocks Nail Polish: I love a good glitter, and this one is reserved for fun times. What makes it so special is the price. It’s a glitter, though, so don’t expect perfection. $3.99.
- Neutrogena Crease-Proof Eyeshadow: I don’t know why, but these just don’t get any love. If you want an eyeshadow that will stay on through practically anything, this is for you. The only downside is that the color shades are limited, but they make excellent, excellent primers and highlighters. $8.99
- Neutrogena Shine Control Makeup: more Neutrogena love. If you have oily skin like I do, you will want to give this line a try ASAP. It really does what it says it does – keeps that shine to an absolute minimum. Love. $13.99
- Neutrogena Shine Control Primer: see above. This along with the makeup will keep you seriously shine free for about six hours. Then you might need one blotting paper. $13.49
- Physicians Formula Eyeliners: All of them. All of the eyeliners. The kohl liners build up to an amazing color while giving you that smudgy look you want from kohl. The pencils go on easily with no tugging, and the gel liners are just perfection. The best part is that you get three shades in one package for the price of one. Seriously. Go get these and thank me later.
Shop the post:
Be sure to check out what my fellow beauty bloggers love from the drugstore:
[inlinkz_linkup id=417750 mode=1]
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."