Not only do I love Too Faced’s palettes, but we all know I love me a good cat eye. And I couldn’t wait to get my hands on this Cat Eye palette to see if it lives up to the reputation that the other palettes have set.
I did one look for y’all today, the “Daytime” look. I’d say that this is a traditional cat eye with a twist, and it’s super cute once you master it.
A few things you are going to need:
- a nice fluffy brush for applying the base color and blending in the crease
- an angled brush for working with wet shadow as a liner
- precision point q-tips with eye makeup remover for mistakes
- a Makeup Guard Card to help you with straight and even lines
- a brush with stiff bristles to help you with smudging
Let’s get it going!
- Prime your lids and do your brows. Here I used Neutrogena’s Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector because I love it. On my brows I used my go-to product, tarte’s the brow architect.
- Apply Meow (the base color – each of them are labeled in the palette) from your lash line all the way up to the brow.
- Smudge Jungle Love onto your lower lash line and extend outwards. I also did some smudging here.
- Using your angled eyeliner brush wet and create your cat eye flip on your top lash line with Jungle Love. Make sure you get your brush fairly wet. I used some makeup setting spray on my brush – works like a charm.
- Above your first, dark cat eye line, add another with Pussy Cat and extend it as far outward as your darker line. This is where your Makeup Guard Card would really come in handy.
- Blend Tiger’s Eye into the crease for a contour.
- Add two coats of http://bit.ly/U72spB.
Overall, I loved it. If you are a fan of the Too Faced palettes, and you really want to get your cat eye skills in gear for the fall, I’d give this one a try. Shadows are always easy to work with and beautifully pigmented, and the shades work wonderfully together.
In my book, the Too Faced Cat Eye Palette is a complete win.
You can shop the post here:
Be sure and go see what the amazing other beauty bloggers are saying about it!
[inlinkz_linkup id=428127 mode=1]