ModCloth contacted me and asked me to pick a dress and create some nail art that is inspired by it. There were too many to choose from, so I stuck with what I know best – newsprint. It inspired me to do a newsprint mani.
The newspaper mani is really quite easy to do. I’ve included a quick tutorial below.
The dress is the Start Sprading the Mews dress, and it retails for $69.99. Anyone who wishes to buy it for me is welcome to do so. I wear a size large.
So, here is the quick tutorial – it’s much simpler than it looks.
- Paint on a base coat and two layers of color. I used Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Sheer Bliss.
- With a matte black polish, I added a french tip.
- Cut out clippings of newsprint about two inches wide and one inch tall, dip them in the alcohol, and apply across the nail using tweezers.
- Press down in the center and roll. Keep pressure on it for about 10 seconds. Don’t let the paper slide around.
- Finish up with a top coat of your choice – I used Sally Hansen Satin Glam in Crystalline.
The only thing that you need to do here is your base/color coats and the newsprint. There are plenty of options for underneath your newsprint, including light gray, pale pink, linen, just about any light color will work beautifully. Remember a top coat (either clear or fancy) to keep your mani lasting as long as possible.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I have not received any compensation for writing this post. I have no material connection to the brands, products, or services that I have mentioned. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."