Celeb stylist Shelley Brien created Emma Watson’s hair for the 2014 Golden Globe Awards, and is sharing her tips with us, so we can all get her gorgeous chignon.
This was Emma’s first time attending the Golden Globes, and she certainly stood out with her red pants. It was a daring fashion statement, but her hair was a classic chignon, which clearly works with every look out there. Here is how she achieved it:
- First spray Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Heat Protect & Shine Spray to damp hair. Take a medium sized boar bristle round brush and blow dry hair so that it’s straight and smooth.
- Once hair is dry, create a side part and then spray Vidal Sassoon Pro Series ColorFinity Dry Shampoo in Rich Darks to the roots to create extra volume.
- Backcomb the hair near the front of your face to create texture and then brush all the hair back until it’s smooth. Maintaining the side part, pull hair back into a low ponytail and then wrap hair loosely into a chignon. Wrap hair similar to a bun and then pin in place.
- Pull a few pieces of hair in the front and tuck behind the ear to create a more modern, tousled look.
- To finish, spray hair with Vidal Sassoon Pro Series Flexible Hold Hairspray to leave it with a sleek, finished look.
Shop the look:
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."