Makeup artist Jorjee Douglass created Zooey Deschanel’s makeup look using tarte cosmetics for the 2014 Golden Globe awards. It was a gorgeous, natural look that make her beautiful blue eyes pop. On the inspiration for the look, Douglass said:
“Zooey looks like a dream in her cream-colored dress, so I wanted to keep the eye very natural and clean, and make her lips pop.”
Starting with her complexion, Douglass did the following:
- To prep Zooey’s face, Jorjee dabbed tarte’s maracuja oil into her skin.
- Next, she applied maracuja creaseless concealer in light underneath her eyes to erase any darkness.
- To even her skin tone, she smoothed BB tinted 12-hour primer in light all over.
- For a gorgeous, natural-looking flush, she dabbed the cheek stain in tipsy over the apples of her cheeks, then followed with Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in tipsy for an extra punch of color.
- She set her complexion with Amazonian clay finishing powder.
On the eyes:
- She started by smoothing “view from the taupe” from the MATTEnificent colored clay eye & cheek palette up into her creases. Then she lightly blended “bronze horizon” from the sultry sunset Amazonian clay palette over top. To create soft lash definition, she lined her eyes with “don’t stand black” from the be MATTEnificent colored clay eye & cheek palette on her lower lashlines.
- Next, she coated her lashes with two layers of gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
- She finished by defining her eyebrows with Amazonian clay waterproof brow mousse in taupe.
Shop the post:
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."