Stylist Angelo David Pisacreta of NYC’s Angelo David Salon styled Alexa Ray Joel’s gorgeous hair for her cover photo on Resident magazine. He was nice enough to share some tips on getting the glam look at home.
- Start with a volumizing shampoo and conditioner, such as VOL Shampoo and Conditioner, sold at the Angelo David salon. Containing only high-quality ingredients, these help hair from roots to ends.
- Next, to create volume, use a volumizing spray (such as VOL Spray, a volumizer that doesn’t make hair sticky or crunchy) and spray all over hair from roots to ends.
- With a large round brush, blow-dry hair in sections, then go over each section with a two-inch curling iron; pin in place and let cool.
- Unpin and run fingers through hair to break up curls and style into place.
- To finish the look, use a flexible hairspray.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."