Oh, summer. I love you so much, and yet, you don’t always present me with opportunities to wear my makeup. In fact, there was a time, not so long ago, that I thought if I was going to the beach, I might as well leave my makeup at home. These days, I’m so much wiser – I’ve developed an arsenal of things that will work no matter where I am, or what I’m doing. And you can find me in some strange places in the summer, for certain.
- Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen Lotion, SPF 55. I know, this isn’t makeup, but it’s just as important. It is for people with breakout prone skin, and it’s what I use as a base, because it’s a broad-spectrum sunscreen and it’s water-resistant.
- Cargo Melt-Proof Palette. Unfortunately, I don’t think this is around any more. But it looks as if Cargo has broken it up into two different products: their Water-Resistant Blush, and their Water-Resistant Bronzer. My little compact has a copper-ish shade too, but I don’t see that anywhere. These are a waterproof cream that you can use just about anywhere. I use the pink shade on top as a blush/lip color, the copper in the middle on my eyelids, and the darkest brown color as a bronze. Stays on For. Ever.
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream Eye Shadow. This stuff is amazing. It will NOT budge, and the colors are glorious.
- Neutrogena Tinted Lip Balm. I think all lip balms are pretty much waterproof by their very nature. But I like this one because it’s got the SPF protection that I always neglect to put on my lips. It’s got a light wash of color with just a touch of shimmer.
- Lash Genius by Anastasia. I’ve talked about Lash Genius before, so I won’t repeat myself too much. This takes any mascara you have and makes it waterproof. Yes, it’s a waterproof top coat for your mascara. And it’s as amazing as it sounds.
Shop the look here:
Take a look at what my fellow warriors are choosing for their favorites: