Katie Gallagher lived up to her reputation of beating to the tune of her own drum once again with her latest collection. Gallagher named her fall/winter 2013 collection “Winter froze you away” drawing inspiration from the darkness of winter. CATWALK® by TIGI® Global Creative Director Nick Irwin created a dual textured look reminiscent of the various elements and textures found in the designer’s latest collection.
The overall look was sleek at the top, moving toward whimsical volume in the back.
Here is how he achieved the look:
- Prep the hair along the hairline and crown with CATWALK® by TIGI® Curlesque Strong Mousse
- Begin sectioning 1/2 inch to 1 inch sections of hair at the nape of the neck, twisting hair onto itself into a small finger curl and spray with CATWALK® by TIGI® Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Spray
- Secure each curl with a metal clip and apply heat with flat iron
- Once set, brush out the curl to create volume
- Brush back hair on top and sides and set with CATWALK® by TIGI® Session Series True Wax to create a slick, greased look
- Secure and decorate the hair at the nape of the neck, criss-crossing bobbi pins to create definition between the two textures
- Back brush so the hair falls past the pins and gather the bottom to secure with a small elastic to create desired shape
- To “tame” the shape further, position additional bobby pins on the hair shaft, midway between the nape and elastic
Shop the products here: