Paul Hanlon, lead stylist for Frederic Fekkai, created chic, minimalist hair for Altuzurra’s tailored and detailed collection. The style is simple yet elegant, an almost-French inspired hair bow. This look would be easy to wear with the equestrian trend going on this season.
To get the look, Hanlon followed these steps:
- Prep the hair by applying Fekkai Full Blown Styling Whip to wet hair. Blow-dry the hair smooth and flat and create a straight side part.
- Divide the hair into small sections lightly spraying them with Fekkai Coiff Sheer Hold Hair Spray. Once all sections have been sprayed, blow-dry each section again, this time towards of the nape of the neck, where the ponytail will start.
- Tie an elastic band around all of the hair, creating a low ponytail. Spray the ponytail with Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Sheer Shine Mist to give the hair a clean and shiny surface. Create a loop with the ponytail by pinning the hair about three inches down from the elastic just below where the hair is tied back.
- Take the remaining ends of the hair and loop them around the base of the ponytail to create the bow. Spray the whole head with Fekkai Coiff Sheer Hold Hair Spray.
- To complete the look and clean up any fly-aways, run a hot curling iron over the surface of then finish with a final spray of Fekkai Brilliant Glossing Sheer Shine Mist.