The Nicholas K show was interesting, to say the least. Based on the old 1970′s sci-fi movie “Soylent Green,” the designers chose to take fashion to the next era where sustainability is paramount. And in keeping with the line, TIGI worked magic on long hair that had a beanie cap on it.
Everything is off to the side for spring and summer. We are back to straight, long hair, but since we’ve been seeing that for seasons upon seasons, we are now seeing some interesting things to DO with it. Catwalk by TIGI Global Creative Director Nick Irwin created bohemian side knots that are both functional and stylish.
Here is how he got the look:
- Prep dry hair with Catwalk by TIGI Session Series Sea Salt Spray and diffuse on medium heat, being careful to avoid frizz
- Next, spray Catwalk by TIGI Sleek Mystique Look-Lock Hairspray to ensure a smooth, sleek, frizz-free crown
- Loosely pull hair into a side ponytail behind the ear and secure with an elastic tie
- Separate the ponytail into two sections, spraying with Catwalk by TIGI Finishing Hairspray and then loosely tie the sections into a knot at the base of the head
- Secure by using another elastic tie and fasten through the middle of the knot, to create dimension
- Lastly, to achieve the perfect un-done look, diffuse the ends of the hair once more and pull out some pieces from the knot