Thirty days of no heat on my hair and what I used to calm the frizz down instead.
- I always started with a pre-shampoo treatment to help calm and condition what I had going on. I live and swear by Leonor Greyl’s Huile de Palme oil ($50, Nordstrom.com). I comb this through the bulk of my hair all the way to the ends. I also use Leonor Greyl’s Regeneresence Naturelle ($50, Nordstrom.com) on my scalp only. Then I’d wrap it up in a tight bun and keep it there until it was time to wash.
- I’ve been shampooing and conditioning with the new (to me) Christophe Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner ($12 and $13, respectively at Christophe) with argan and monoi oils. The downside is that it has sulfates in it, but it’s one of the more gentle shampoos with sulfates, in my experience. Nothing much really adds shine to my poor hair, so I didn’t have any huge expectations, but I think those with finer hair would definitely see a difference. I’ll stick to spraying on my shine.
- Before I step out of the shower, I saturate my hair with Infusium 23 Leave In Treatment Frizz Controller ($6.99, Drugstore.com). I mean, I work it through really well. I adore this stuff, and my bottle is almost out. Must find more!
- After letting it dry a bit in a towel, I unwrap and work through some Ion Oil-free Glosser ($7.99, Sally’s Beauty Supply).
- After that, I wrap it into a tight topknot to let it dry. This also seems to help control frizz rather than just letting it hang out and dry naturally. I will also pin my bangs down so they don’t look all crazy.
I’ve decided to go ahead and continue my experiment through the month of August, with the exception of my bangs. I’ve been using the Sedu Revolution Tourmaline 1.5 inch flat iron ($159.99, Folica.com) on them, and love it beyond reason (I’ll have a more comprehensive review and tutorial up on that soon). I just can’t deal with these bangs anymore.
I also have a few anti-frizz products on tap that I’ll be talking about soon, including Aussie’s Miraculously Smooth shampoo and conditioner and nuNAAT’s Ultra Keratin Touch hair smoothing system, which I am SUPER excited about.
What are your go-to tricks for keeping frizz at bay? I’m still on the hunt for some good stuff. Maybe this no-blowdry thing will last even longer!
© 2012, Retrodiva Media. All rights reserved.Pin It