Obviously, this first war will be over taupe eyeshadows. I have to tell you that I never wear taupe. In fact, I went through my shadow collection and couldn’t even find one! Not a single one! I have 18 shades of nude/tan, but no taupe. So after swatching all week, I settled on Tough as Taupe from Maybelline New York.
I have to confess – I probably chose this one more for the quality of the product than the color. I love the way this applies. And it lasts all day! As far as the color goes, this is a super pigmented formula, and the color is true to what you see in the jar. I did learn something during this experiment: I don’t wear taupe very well. It seems to just not look right on me for some reason. Here is the look I ended up with:
I used Tough as Taupe over the lid up through the crease over my primer. I decided it needed a little something to make it prettier, or something. So I grabbed my Expensive Pink by MAC and applied it along the crease and on the lower lids. That just wasn’t enough, so lined my lower lids with my L’Oreal HiP eyeliner really lightly, and took my Tenacious Teal Color Tattoo and lined my upper lash line, flicking it out just a touch at the end. I finished with two coats of my Diorshow Extase.
Here are all the other totally rad beauty bloggers participating in Makeup Wars!
- What taupe shadow does Pammy Blogs Beauty love so much that she has not only repurchased it, but also hit pan on it again? Its MAC’s Satin Taupe!
- Phyrra has more taupes in her makeup collection than she expected, but her weapon of choice for is Fyrinnae Damn Paladins.
- Beauty and Fashion Tech compares MAC Satin Taupe and NARS Lhasa
- Beautiful Makeup Searchhas a drawer full of taupe eye shadows but uses Urban Decay’s Midnight Rodeo more than any other, so she had to declare it her fave.
- The Pink Sith has found a taupe from FACE atelier called Metallic Taupe to tempt you. See where it falls on the taupe scale of awsomeness.
- Marcia from Beauty Info Zone repeats an old favorite for her Taupe Makeup Wars choice. See which it is.
- 15 Minute Beauty Fanatic fell in love with Wet’n’Wild Nutty Eye Shadow. Somehow it makes her look amazing for just $2.
- Raging Rouge selects her favorite taupe shadow MAC Satin Taupe, without a second thought.
- Brooke from BlushingNoir shows you how to use Tarte SLATE Amazonian Clay Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow to make all taupes play well together.
- Jessika tells us her dirty secret – the polish insomniac is not just obsessed with polish! Check out her favorite uber affordable taupe shadow from Wet n Wild!