This adorable limited edition collection of Gwen Stefani’s Harajuku Lovers fragrances would make a perfect gift for a tween, preteen, or teen. I actually have the collection, and I can’t pry it away from my eight year old daughter. She’s not much into fragrance (yet, but it’s coming – I’m creating a monster), but she loves the big-headed caps on these fun bottles. The “hair” is a fun flocked felt, and the girls are all wearing new outfits in celebration of their “wicked style.” The collection is made up of five different fragrances: Love, Music, Lil Angel, Baby, and G.
The Harajuku Girls and G have made their way back to where it all started, the streets of Harajuku! One of their favorite places to see and be seen in Harajuku is Takeshita-Dori – a narrow pedestrian only street packed with young fashionable people. Takeshita-Dori is definitely the place to go if you are crazy about fashion…and the Harajuku Girls and G are certainly CRAZY about their fashion!
The girl’s are prowling the streets of Harajuku dressed in fashions that originated in Japan – GothicLolita, SweetLolita, VisualKei, Kawaii and the OmotesandōGirl. Each girl has her own distinct “wicked style” that is expressed from her brightly colored “flocked” hair down to her super cute shoes.
- Love‘s look is inspired by the Sweet Lolita look. It’s heavily influenced by Rococo styles. It consists primarily of a knee length skirt or dress, headdress, blouse, petticoat, knee high socks, and “rocking horse” shoes. Love is wearing a classic bodice princess jumper dress with a square neckline that is trimmed in lace, heart buttons, and a large bow clip. Underneath her dress is an elegant tulle petticoat perfect for the dress’ a-line silhouette. Love’s look is topped by a sweet mini top hat. On her feet are cute dolly Lolita “rocking horse” shoes. The fragrance is a fruity floral and includes top notes of Nectarine, Mangosteen, and Juicy Pear. The heart of the fragrance consists of Orange Flower, Lotus, Violet, and Osmanthus. The base is made up of Blonde Woods, Musk, Sandalwood, Hint of Patchouli, and a Dash of Praline.
- Lil Angel is inspired by the Gothic Lolita look which includes the use of darker make-up, clothing and themes. Dark lipstick and smoky eyes are typical styles. Angel is wearing a baby doll jumper dress with a scooped neckline. Lace and a large bow clip accents the top. The bottom part of the dress has a gathered skirt with a ruffled hem, heart silhouette lace, and top trim. Underneath her dress is classic shirt with pin-tuck details on the front yoke. Floral themed lace decorates the collar, sleeves and cuffs. Angel’s classic elegant Gothic Lolita look is topped by a black and white lace and ribbon headdress. On her feet are wooden platform Lolita shoes. This is a sparkling floral fragrance with top notes of Succulent Plum, Champagne, Bergamont, and Pomelo. Middle notes are Blooming Lotus, Fresh Queen Rose Leaf, and Waterlilies. The base is Satin Wood, Rich Amber, and Skin Musks.
- Music has a Visual Kei look which refers to a movement among Japanese musicians that is characterized by the use of make-up, elaborate hair styles, and flamboyant costumes. Music is wearing her school uniform blazer that has been customized by adding pins of her favorite musicians. Pair it up with a classic white button up shirt, bright green tie and plaid schoolgirl miniskirt and you have the quintessential Visual Kei uniform. Her accessories include colored contact lenses, black nail polish, black and white stripe tights and two-tone creepers. This is a woody floral with top notes of Juicy Apple, Watery Fruit, and Bergamont. Middle notes are Jasmine, Gardenia, Fuschia, and Peony. Base notes are Swirling Cedarwood, Iridescent Musks, and Crystallized Amber.
- Baby is rocking a Kawaii/Decora look which refers to a style adopted by young Japanese girls. The style uses lots of layering in bright or pastel colors. The accessories include plastic furry toys and jewelry. Baby is wearing a bright yellow and hot pink sweater layered over a bright greent-shirt. Her hot pink and white polka dot, ruffled bloomers are super kawaii! Baby’s Decora look is topped with accessories, accessories and more accessories…these include bauble bracelets, bows, barrettes, beaded necklaces, rainbow socks, a plush backpack and a pair of white nurse platform shoes. Top notes of this vanilla floral are White Peach, Red Delicious Apple, and Pink Freesia. Middle notes are Pink Plumeria, Lush Orchid, and Jasmine Petals. Base notes are Glowing Amber, Sensual Musk, and Creamy Sandalwood.
- G is inspired by the Omotesando girl look. Driven to be a fashion forward individual, the Omotesandō girl scours the high end and cutting edge shops and boutiques of Omotesando – otherwise known as “Tokyo’s Champs-Elyseés.”G is wearing an emerald green short vintage free flowing cape dress. It closes with six pearl buttons and has two slits for her arms to go through. Underneath her dress she has on black and white checkerboard leggings. Her accessories included vintage sunglasses and two-tone split toe booties. This fruity floral has top notes of Granny Smith Apple, Peach, and Pineapple. Middle notes consist of Watermelon, Butterfly Blush, and Peony. The base notes are Raspberry, Musk, and Water Aqueous.
Each fragrance is sold separately, and come in 10 mL bottles for $30 or 30 mL bottles for $45. Available at Sephora.