Autumn is just around the corner, and with it comes fun new beauty trends to play with. Here are eight of them to get you started!
- Feline eye liner: we haven’t seen the last of the cat eye yet. In fact, it’s only getting more interesting with colored liner. Use a liquid or gel liner for the best results. A great drugstore brand is Maybelline Lasting Drama by EyeStudio Gel Eyeliner, Blackest Black.
- Vivid lips: red is still going to be popular, but darker vivids will come into play. Shades like blackberry will be in demand this fall. Try Urban Decay Lipstick in Apocalypse or Vinyl.
- Messy, long, volumous hair. We saw a great deal of this on the runways for fall, and I don’t think they will be going away any time soon. Credit the Mad Men phenomenon for the big hair craze.
- Full brows are back from the 80′s! The overplucked look is gone, and a more natural look has come into play. Need some help encouraging brows to grow? Try an eyelash serum like Rapid Eyelash Renewal Serum – it has the same effect on brows.
- Matte looks on faces, a luminous glow but no shine is the key to modern looks. Try a matte primer like Hybrids Skin Perfecting Primer Matte Finish by Murad to help keep shine at bay.
- Purples and plums will once again be popular this fall, with many lines featuring a deep plum as a signature color. Estee Lauder ‘Pure Color’ Eyeshadow Palette in Surreal Violet is an excellent example.
- Two toned makeup is for the more talented among us. Look for two different tones applied together but not combined for a striking look. Try Dolce & Gabbana Lipstick in Sheer and Gold for the perfect pout.
- Finally, look for natural palettes and looks to come back in a big way. An easy way to make the look work for you is to try a palette like Natural Eye Kit by Too Faced. It includes everything you need to make that sexy natural look.