So much talk about the Academy Awards last night, and I still haven’t had a chance to watch the entire thing. However, I did see some of the red carpet arrivals, and everyone just looked absolutely amazing.
Amanda Seyfried had a gorgeous updo last night, and Sally Hershberger was kind enough to share with me how to do it. Here are her tips for achieving this look:
- Start by shampooing with Sally Hershberger Shampoo for Normal to Thin Hair and avoid using conditioner so you can create a texture that will hold all night long.
- Next, use a small amount of SALON Sally Hershberger Shape Up throughout hair to provide hold without stickiness.
- Begin blow drying hair in the direction of the desired style.
- After blow drying, starting at the nape of the neck, and working towards the front hair line, take one to two inch sections of hair and spray roots with Sally Hershberger Brilliant Hairspray to create a sleek, flat shape.
- Next, create the chignon using a Mason Pearson brush to smooth hair and play with the shape.
- Secure the chignon with a ponytail holder.
- Finish off the style with SALON Sally Hershberger Smooth Fix to add polish and shine.